Friday, September 28, 2018

Last Day for Regular Registration

If you are planning on taking the October 27th ACT exam, you must register by today (September 28th) to avoid late registration fees. Register online here

All future testing dates for both the ACT and SAT, including registration dates, are posted in the ACT/SAT/PSAT information section of this website. If you have any questions, or need help with registration, please stop by Mrs. Parker's office any time.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Tarleton State University - Campus in Action Days

High school seniors are invited to take part in the Honors College Campus in Action Days at Tarleton State University on the below dates. For students with a strong commitment to excellence, Honors offers unique opportunities in both of our programs, the Honors Degree Program and the Presidential Honors Program. As part of either program, students become part of an honors community that combines the advantages of a small liberal arts college with the diversity of a comprehensive state university.

Honors College Campus in Action Days
  • October 2, 2018
  • October 12, 2018
  • November 5, 2018
  • November 30, 2018
Here are some more details about the two honors programs that are available at Tarleton State University.

The Honors Degree Program
  • Applications are open now!
  • Students must be TSI-complete (come see Mrs. Parker for more information)
  • Minimum in the top 25% of your high school graduating class
  • Must have satisfactory test scores.
  • Accept between 250 and 325 students annually

The Presidential Honors Program
  • Minimum in the top 10% of your high school graduating class
  • At least a 1260 on the new SAT or a 27 on the ACT
  • Accept about 8-15 students annually

Both programs are part of the Honors College, which can make your education even more affordable. They offer over 150 scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $7,000 annually. Also, many students in the honors college receive academic scholarships from other departments.

Members of the Honors College will live in honors hall, a brand new 440-bed facility with several rooms designs available at several price points. Based on the same concept as the Living Learning Communities, the Honors College provides a full experience of living together with other Honors students, as well as taking classes with them.

The Campus in Action Day will be an opportunity to experience an Honors class, tour the Honors Hall, meet current students, and talk with staff members about the programs. You will also have the option to eat lunch on campus with current students and have a campus tour during the visit. 

To register, call 254.968.1926 or email the Honors Program at

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Texas State University - Business Academic Visit Day

Texas State University welcomes you to take part in a Business Academic Visit Day!

The goal of our Business Academic Visit Day Program is to familiarize you with degree program requirements and admissions procedures for the McCoy College of Business Administration, while giving you a feel of what it is like to be a Bobcat on their beautiful campus located in San Marcos, Texas.

Fall 2018 Sessions: 
  • October 12, 2018
  • November 16, 2018

Spring 2019 Sessions: 
  • February 8, 2019
  • March 8, 2019
  • April 12, 2019
Use the following link to RSVP for an upcoming session: Texas State Business Academic Visit Day Registration

Also, Texas State University offers several Freshmen Scholarships. Learn more about Freshman Financial Aid today!

Monday, September 24, 2018

Seniors, how much do you know about voting?

Krissi Trumeter is trying to share as much information as possible with all students that are reaching the voting age or are already 18 to help them understand what to expect during voting and to make the process less intimidating. She has helped to create a Public Service Announcement (PSA) dedicated towards this goal. Please review the PSA below, and answer the questions in the linked questionnaire. The more you know, the better your voting experience will be!

Friday, September 21, 2018

College Planning Series - Session Details

Image from Collaborative Communications.
Throughout this year, students in all grade levels will be able to meet with college professionals to begin the process of planning for the future. Here are the upcoming schedule of dates for the Juniors and Seniors.

Monday, September 24, 2018 

  • Juniors - Part I: Students will meet with the college representative from Midland College to discuss the importance of documentation and how it relates to the college and career application process.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 

  • Juniors - Part II: Students will have a follow-up meeting to the previous day's session, and begin developing the College Folder.
  • Seniors - Part I: Students will meet with the college representative from Midland College and discuss college expectations, documentation catch-up, and the creation of a college folder.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

  • Seniors - Part II: Students will meet for the second part of their planning meetings and discuss the college application process and begin working with ApplyTexas.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

  • Seniors - Part III: Students will meet for the third part of their planning series and talk about financial aid and FAFSA.